Monday, May 18, 2015

Humans of Olomouc

After living in Olomouc for almost three months, I have to say it is a wonderful city. There is so much to do and a perfect size for me and our group. While staying here, I have met some pretty awesome people and loved every meeting these kind souls. One of the first people we met on this trip is someone who ended up helping us with our last minute travel plans and saved our butts quite a few times. Her name is Tereza and she goes to school at Palacky like where we go. She immediately gave us tips and was so willing to lend us a helping hand whenever we needed it. Tereza helped me and a couple of other girls with our trip to London. She told us all the great places to go and she helped with train tickets and reading all of the websites in Czech. Needless to say, if we didn't have Tereza to help us, we wouldn't have had any successful trips outside of the field trips. 
One day, there were six of us stopping and getting coffee before class at one of our  favorite coffee shops. Someone approached us and asked the most common question we get which is "Are you from America?" of course we said yes and it turned out that she was also a fellow American. April immediately was kind to us and her welcoming spirit was good to hear within the first few weeks. She invited us over a couple of times to have dinner and spend time with her family. Her husband, David and their three kids were really great company and the food was AMAZING. Having a home cooked meal was something all six of us loved having and them welcoming strangers into their house and cooking for them is bold, but also so kind. Their kids were so cute and we loved playing with them for the two nights we were with them. I am very happy that we ran into her because now we made relationships with not only an American family, but people who live in the Czech Republic. It will be much easier to keep tabs on Olomouc and how the city is doing.
April's precious kids
This city has become one of my favorite places ever because of the people that we met and that it was our little home away from home. I am very sad to leave it, but I hope that in the near future I will be back to visit my favorite food places and to see my new friends that I was ever so lucky to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment